Sunday, April 18, 2010

I heart Spring


This past winter was beautiful, AND bitter; it was definitely a bittersweet season. I had never seen that much of snow in my life before.

Same place, yet another scenario, spring's brought life and colors back. How I miss you, the world outside.








The pink Sakura (cheery blossom) is one of the reasons why spring has been my favorite season. I am lucky enough that there are a bunch of cherry trees standing on my street, right outside of my apartment. When wind blows, the pink petals look like pink snowflakes falling onto the ground. :) Despite the nasty smell of the rotten cherries, cherry blossom is the most beautiful thing, though her beauty would only last for a week or two in a year.







Last week, my class had a field trip to the Japanese House & Garden in Fairmount Park, the weather was perfect to visit this gorgeous site.

The house was first built in Japan in 1954 and gifted to the MoMA; and then relocated to Philadelphia. It is a great evidence showing the Japanese influence on American architecture and modernism.


Huge koi fish




So peaceful



More cherry blossom, so up close



Like a painting


Look at this lil guy, isn't he cute?





Beautiful, beautiful hand-printed wallpaper


Inside the tiny tea house


A bigger tea house


The house's drainage system

Hope you are enjoying spring as well!!!

Until next time,

Hilz ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment